This is a 5 1/2 minute montage (5.5meg MP3) of some piano/keyboard performances by Brad recorded over the years.
A collection of performances from CD's, Boston Symphony Live Broadcasts and Boston Pops Television Broadcasts
A list of the excerpts playing:
- Mystic River (2003)
- Taken from the Soundtrack CD of Mystic River. Brad recorded this with the Boston Symphony Orchestra in Symphony Hall. Music by Clint Eastwood. After overhearing Brad improvising on Clint's theme during a break in the recording session, Clint asked Brad to stay after the orchestra session and record some more improvisation as a piano solo. Those solo recordings are now the opening and closing music in the film.
- Slonimsky's Earbox (1997) (BSO @ Symphony Hall)
- This is from a live broadcast of John Adams' Boston premiere, with James DePriest conducting the BSO. This was one nasty keyboard part!
- Wall to Wall (1996) From Michael Gibbs' Big Music CD
- A virtual all-star cast including Scofield, Bob Moses, Billy Martin, Bill Frisell, Kevin Eubanks, Jim Odgren, Lew Soloff .
- Back Home (1994)
- From Nando Lauria's CD with Danny Gottlieb, Matt Garrison, and Cafe.
- Charlesgate (2003)
- From a Mordy Ferber CD with Peter Erskine, Eddie Gomez, Michael Brecker.
- Fred Astaire (1995)
- From a Mordy Ferber CD with Jack DeJohnette, Eddie Gomez, Dave Liebman.
- Caught in the Rain (1996)
- A "first take" with Martin Sexton, then some synth overdubs.
- So in Love (Pops Broadcast 1997)
- Brad is accompanying kd lang with the Boston Pops. Abe Laboriel Jr. on drums.
- Sleigh Ride (Pops Broadcast 2003)
- Brad is accompanying Vince Gill with the Boston Pops, a little instrumental break.
- Down at the Twist and Shout (Pops Broadcast 1998)
- Brad is accompanying Mary Chapin Carpenter with the Boston Pops. Duke Levine on guitar.
- We 3 Kings (2002)
- An excerpt from Rebecca Parris' Christmas CD. Brad also arranged most of the CD.
- It's About Time (1996)
- From George Russell's CD by the same name recorded in France.
- Autumn in NY (1988)
- From George Russell's CD Live in Tokyo. Listen for the back intro!