- Brad and Gaye join composing team for The Young and the Restless
Posted Aug 20, 2015
Brad and Gaye are now members of the composing team for The Young and the Restless.
- Brad and Gaye received Emmy Nominations for their music in The Young and the Restless
Posted Mar 31, 2015
Both Gaye and I received a nomination as members of the composing team for the CBS daytime drama The Young and the Restless.
(left)Brad and Gaye at LA Emmys (right) Brad, Gaye and Y &R Music Supervisor RC Cates
- Brad performs with The Boston Pops playing John Williams's score for Home Alone LIVE with Keith Lockhart conducting.
Posted Dec 26, 2014
Boston Pops and Wellesley High School Chorus in Symphony Hall
- Brad performs at Scullers Jazz Club with Cassandre McKinley, Rebecca Parris and Ernie Andrews
Posted Oct 17, 2014
Busy month at Scullers Jazz Club with appearances by Cassandre McKinley with Marty Ballou and Gary Johnson, then a double bill with Rebecca Parris and Ernie Andrews with Peter Kontrimas and Jim Lattini. Music was made!
(left)Brad, Cass, Fred, Marty and Gary (right) Brad with Ernie Andrews
photos by Lexi McKinley and Jim Gavin
- Interview in musicsupervisioncentral.com
Posted Aug 13, 2014
Brad was interviewed about music in film/TV by musicsupervisioncentral.com This site has loads of great info and resources - check it out!
- Brad plays with the Pops - "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing"!
Posted Jul 3, 2014
Brad played with the Boston Pops for the annual 4th of July celebration - this year it was on July 3rd! Here's a clip of the solo here
Brad with Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra
- Brad plays shallow right field in Fenway Park
Posted Apr 4, 2014
I had the honor of playing with the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra brass and percussion ensemble for the World Series Ring Ceremony for the 2013 World Champion Red Sox. Also joined in with The Dropkick Murphys for "Shippin' up to Boston".
Brad with Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra
- Brad wins UPCEA Excellence in Teaching Award
Posted Mar 27, 2014
I was thrilled and humbled by winning this award for my work with Berklee Online. I couldn't have asked for better support from my team and my students! Link to acceptance speech
L-R Board Member Beth Laves, Brad, and UPCEA President Karen Sibley
- New Background Jazz CD available in iTunes
Posted Dec 6, 2013
Brad and Gaye have a new installment of background jazz tunes - Jazz and Cocktails Volume 4. Check it out on CD Baby, or iTunes
- Brad's song Count Basie Parade (AKA Basie Parade) in Hateship, Loveship feature film.
Posted Sep 7, 2013
New film with Kristen Wiig, Guy Pierce and others screening at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival
- Brad's arrangements for Susan Tedeschi's appearance with Boston Pops on 4th of July
Posted Jul 5, 2013
I supplied the arrangements for Susan's part of the program, and had a great time - I think fiddles did too! Here's a link to a Youtube clip. I also had the honor of playing keyboards for the whole gig with the Pops.
Brad with Susan Tedeschi (Trucks)
- Brad's arrangement of A Song For America performed by The Oladipo Sisters and The Boston Pops in Symphony Hall
Posted Jun 13, 2013
Backstage with the sisters before the first performance in Symphony Hall!
Brad with vocalists Olayeni and Oladunni Oladipo
- Brads music on NCIS and GLEE this week
Posted May 7, 2013
The popular show NCIS used my tribute to Coltrane "Expressions" in a short featured use on the episode Double Blind. GLEE used "Ballroom Ballad" in the May 9th 2013 episode with guest star TV legend Patty Duke!
- Featured use of Jumptown Saturday Night on General Hospital
Posted Apr 5, 2013
Jumptown Saturday Night written and produced by Crit Harmon and me had a great featured use on General Hospital - swingin'! Click here to watch
- Brad's song on The New Normal
Posted Nov 13, 2012
I've got another use of "Spicy Kiss" on the NBC TV show The New Normal. Can't give details yet - tune in - it's a wild show!
- Brad and Gaye have songs on NBC's The New Normal
Posted Sep 25, 2012
On Ep 104 "Obama Mama", both Gaye and Brad supplied some sophisticated background jazz for the dinner party scene. Mike Monaghan is featured on sax on these 2 background uses. Link to clip here
- Brad's arrangement of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir and Aerosmith's Dream On as a mashup was performed by The Boston Pops and Boston University Symphonic Chorus
Posted Sep 22, 2012
Brad's "mashup" arrangement was performed at Boston University's Agannis Arena for a special celebration. Images and animations were projected across the entire ice rink in timed relation to the music. Link to amateur video on YouTube here or a shorter clip with better orchestra close-up here
Pops do Zeppelin and Aerosmith
- Brad's arrangement for Jim Belushi performed by Boston Pops
Posted Aug 12, 2012
Brad's arrangement of "All She Wants to Do is Rock" was performed by Jim Belushi on the 2012 "Pops by the Sea" concert. Link to amateur video with special keyboard cam here or a LARGER SIZE here
Jim Belushi rocks the Pops! (Photo By PAUL MAROTTA/GETTY IMAGES)
- Brad's arrangement of New York State of Mind performed by Boston Pops and Olivia Harris
Posted May 29, 2012
Olivia Harris is 1 of 3 winners in the 2012 Fidelity Investments Young Artist Competition. She received a standing ovation from a sold out concert audience in Symphony Hall!
Brad with vocalist Olivia Harris
- Brad's Berkleemusic Online Course "Music Supervision" wins UPCEA Award for best online course
Posted Apr 26, 2012
My course Music Supervision won the best online course from the UPCEA (University Professional & Continuing Education Association). This was a lot of hard work, but I was lucky to have full support from Berkleemusic to create a course that I was proud of. Thank you Berkleemusic!
UPCEA Award 2012
- Brad and the Boston Festival Orchestra with Jennifer Hudson
Posted Apr 19, 2012
Brad and the Boston Festival Orchestra accompanied Jennifer Hudson in Savannah Georgia - she tore it up!
Brad, Jennifer Hudson and the Boston Festival Orchestra
- Hatfield Family rocks "Glee" on Valentines Day
Posted Feb 14, 2012
I have 2 songs in the Valentines Day episode of Glee, and Gaye has a co-write with Jeff Meegan.
- Sampling of some songs written and produced for Rescue Me
Posted Jan 1, 2012
The songs originally written for the TV series Rescue Me cover quite a variety - Here's a link to a short montage of some of the songs Rescue Me Song Montage.
- Brad Hatfield in the Houston and Atlanta Symphony Holiday Programs
Posted Dec 17, 2011
Brad Hatfield’s piece “Bring Them Home”, co-written by Chicagoan Jeff Meegan, will receive performances by The Houston Symphony Dec. 9, 10 and 11th 2011 and by The Atlanta Symphony Dec. 16 and 17th under the baton of Michael Krajewski featuring Broadway star Montego Glover from the show Memphis.
Brad, Montego Glover, Michael Krajewski and Atlanta Symphony's Charlie Wade
- Jim Belushi and the Pops with Rockapella perform Brad's arrangement
Posted Dec 15, 2011
My arrangement of Santa Claus is Back in Town was performed as a "surprise" by Jim Belushi, The Boston Pops, The Tanglewood Festival Chorus and Rockapella. Standing O! - But I think it was Jim's backflip that sold it! An excerpt (1:07-2:10)is on YouTube
(left)Brad and Jim Belushi (right) Jim and Keith Lockhart
photo by Bill Brett for the boston globe
- Brads arrangement of Silent Night to be performed at Boston Tree lighting ceremony
Posted Dec 1, 2011
Brad's arrangement of Silent Night will be performed by saxophonist Grace Kelly and Magic 106.7's Candy O'Terry
Candy O'Terry and Grace Kelly at the Boston Tree Lighting
- New YouTube video available for Bring Them Home
Posted Nov 28, 2011
Jeff and Brad's song Bring Them Home has a new YouTube video, please check it out!
- Brad and the Boston Pops accompany Martina McBride
Posted Jul 4, 2011
There was also the first documented "head banging" by the Boston Pops during Bohemian Rhapsody for the crowd of 800,000 and network television!
- Brad featured in Berkleemusic online Open House
Posted Jul 1, 2011
I did two open house interviews discussing Music Supervision and Songwriting for Film and TV fielding questions from the host and student advisor Michael Moyes as well as online participants.
- Brad featured in Cambridge College Annual Report
Posted May 25, 2011
An article and interview about the benefits of my time at Cambridge College are part of the 2011 Annual Report. Here is the link. Go to page 6 for the hard copy, then on page 10 you'll find the interview. (Flash site not supported on iPhones, iPads etc...)
Thank you Cambridge College!
- Then There's Vegas to appear as end credit on HBO Runnin' Rebels of UNLV
Posted Mar 12, 2011
The song Then There's Vegas originally written for the feature film Finding Amanda will be used for the end credits of Runnin' Rebels of UNLV a documentary on the UNLV basketball teams under Jerry Tarkanian on HBO. This will move to On Demand after 3/14/11 TO LISTEN AND/OR PURCHASE CLICK HERE mp3 Here's a video link to the original use in Finding Amanda featuring Matthew Broderick.
- Brad and Gaye have songs in The United States of Tara on Showtime
Posted Mar 12, 2011
Gaye's song Gaye's Minuet and Brad's song Good Time Piano will be used in a May 2nd and 16th episode respectively on the The United States of Tara on Showtime
- Brad gets the downbeat from Shaq!
Posted Dec 20, 2010
In a bizarre twist of events, Shaquille O'Neal conducted 3 tunes with The Boston Pops - needless to say - I followed him!
- Brad will perform with James Taylor and Boston Pops Monday 12/13/2010
Posted Dec 13, 2010
A special night at Symphony Hall honoring Senator John Kerry
James Taylor with The Boston Pops with Brad on keys
Photo by Susan Young
- Bring Them Home to be performed by The Boston Pops
Posted Dec 8, 2010
Brads arrangement featuring the Pops, Chorus and vocal soloists has been receiving standing ovations throughout the holiday season. Link to amateur video.
Brad, Keith Lockhart and Jeff Meegan
- Brad Hatfield and Peter Tolan earn Primetime Emmy Nomination for song in Rescue Me
Posted Jul 8, 2010
The song "How Lovely to Be a Vegetable" has earned an Emmy nomination for the dream sequence in Rescue Me Season 5. For a quick look at the song and outstanding dancing, art design and costumes, Quicktime or Windows Media File
Steven Pasquale sings How Lovely to be a Vegetable
- Brad with the Boston Pops, Toby Keith and Renese King on July 4th
Posted Jul 4, 2010
I will be part of the Boston Pops July 3rd and 4th concerts on the Esplanade, featuring Toby Keith and Renese King performing America the Beautiful and Renese performing We the People
- Rescue Me Season 6 Premiere party in NYC
Posted Jun 24, 2010
High atop the Empire Hotel, the party was awesome.
Brad, Lenny Clarke and Crit Harmon
Brad and Callie Thorne
- Wedding band for Glee star Jane Lynch
Posted May 31, 2010
OK, I thought I was done playing weddings, but this was a special request! LA drummer-extraordinaire David Derge contacted my longtime George Russell bass player associate Bill Urmson to put together the band for the wedding of Jane Lynch to Dr. Lara Embry on Memorial day. Along with Lance Van Lenten we played the ceremony and reception. We also ate really well! Jane and Lara we're the best brides ever!
Brad and Jane Lynch
- Iron Man 2
Posted May 7, 2010
A use of my solo piano song "Good Old Days" will be in this blockbuster film
- Shannon Allen sings my arrangement of "At Last" with the Boston Pops
Posted May 7, 2010
Shannon Allen, wife of Celtic star Ray Allen, will be a featured soloist with The Boston Pops performing my arrangement and orchestration of "At Last", she is a great singer that will really light a fire on this rendition!
- A use of Adore in 150th episode of NCIS on CBS 8pm
Posted Jan 12, 2010
A use of the co-written song Adore will be used in the long running series NCIS this Tuesday at 8pm. The episode title is Flesh and Blood.... sounds a little gory...
- Brad Hatfield performs with Amanda Palmer and the Boston Pops New Years Eve
Posted Dec 31, 2009
A good time was had by all!
Brad and Amanda Palmer
- Brad and Gaye have featured songs in Lifetime Movie
Posted Dec 5, 2009
Brad and Gaye have a couple co-writes with Chicago crooner Jeff Meegan in the movie 12 Men of Christmas starring Kristen Chenowith
- New Course at Berklee Music Online
Posted Jun 4, 2009
My Songwriting for Film and TV course launches 6/29, come join me in the virtual classroom!
- Jeff and Brad's song "Bring Them Home" now available at Alfred Music Publishing
Posted May 29, 2009
Arranged for choral use in a variety of setups, both 2 and 3 part. Great backing tracks and piano part available. Please visit the website for sample pages and mp3 version.
- Brad gets co-composer gig with Rescue Me
Posted Feb 1, 2009
My work will start appearing mid season 5 during episode 11, there'll be some interesting musical twists! Rescue Me starring Denis Leary starts airing in April.
- Brad plays for Michael Bolton
Posted Dec 17, 2008
Brad will accompany Michael Bolton with the Boston Pops in a program of holiday music at Symphony Hall Chris Walden arrangements
- Brad plays for Amanda Palmer with the Boston Pops.
Posted Jun 19, 2008
I played piano on the songs that Amanda didn't play, we had a great time!
- Brad plays for Dave Brubeck at Fundraiser
Posted Jun 5, 2008
I had the great pleasure of accompanying the Sisters of Swing for a fundraiser for the Providence Singers. Honored guest was Dave Brubeck.
Top - Dave Brubeck, Brad, Below-Dave and the SOS
- Premiere of Finding Amanda at Tribeca Film Festival starring Matthew Broderick and Brittany Snow. See trailer
Posted Apr 29, 2008
Gaye and I have several songs in this movie, and some co-writes with Writer/Director Peter Tolan.
Brad, Matthew, Gaye.
- Brad with "Stars Over Boston" at Scullers Jazz Club
Posted Apr 10, 2008
I'm playing for Nancy Quill, Candy O'Terry, Scott Wahle, Liz Brunner and Grace Kelly. Also on the bill, Ernie Boch Jr, Charlie Farren and Doug Flutie.
The Cast of Stars Over Boston
Standing L-R; Ernie Boch Jr., Antones, Mistress of Ceremonies WBZ-TV's Joyce Kulhawik, WBZ-TV's Scott Wahle, Pianist and composer Brad Hatfield of the Boston Pops.
Sitting L-R; Saxophonist Grace Kelly, AWRT/NE President Candy O'Terry, AWRT/PR Director Dayla Arabella Santurri, WCVB-TV's Liz Brunner, Magic 106.7's Nancy Quill
- Red Sox Season Opener 1pm on NESN
Posted Apr 8, 2008
I'm playing with a 32 piece orchestra culled from the Boston Pops for the Red Sox season opener.
Brad and the Pops Rhythm Section
- Brad and Rebecca Parris taping with Marian McPartland for "Piano Jazz" and Dee Dee Bridgewater's Jazz Set.
Posted Feb 26, 2008
We taped a segment on Marian's piano jazz show for later broadcast. Listen Here. Also, Go to Dee Dee Bridgewater's site to get local broadcast times in your area or listen on the web.
- Brads arrangement of "Bring Them Home" performed by The Rochester Philharmonic and 200 voice choir.
Posted Dec 20, 2007
This is a song from Jeff Meegans new release, Season of Love. Check the RPO site for performance times 12/20,21,22 and 23.
- New Holiday CD "Season of Love" with Jeff Meegan is now available!
Posted Nov 18, 2007
This project was a result of our initial TV/Film collaborations, and has turned into a holiday CD project I'm very proud of. I hope you can check it out, also available on iTunes. View the video on YouTube Portions of the sale of this CD will be donated to Operation Homefront to aid our military families
- Brads song, Brazilian Sunset, in The Music Within movie.
Posted Oct 4, 2007
My song Brazilian Sunset is in this MGM release. Based on the true story of Richard Pimentel, an inspirational movie!
- Brad's song on FX's Prison Break
Posted Oct 1, 2007
There will be a use of Duane's Dance Party on tonights episode. This is a tribute to Duane Eddy performed by Jefferson Thomas.
- Brad on skyfm radio
Posted Aug 1, 2007
Brads solo piano pieces can be heard on the net radio station skyfm solo piano channel
- Brad is Music Director of PopSearch 2007.
Posted Jun 16, 2007
The winner was Maria Perry, go to Maria Perry Music.com to check out her website
- Brad receives a BMI Film/TV Award
Posted Apr 9, 2007
Brad received recognition from BMI for his 2006 Emmy win. The ceremony took place May 16 at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills.
Brad at the 2007 BMI Film/TV Awards
L to R: Del Bryant President & CEO of BMI Brad with Award; Doreen Ringer Ross BMI Vice President of Film & Television Relations
- Brad and Gaye in "The Riches" on FX
Posted Apr 3, 2007
Brad's tune "Blues on a Cruise" was featured on the Pilot episode, Gaye's song "Sam's Bossa" was in the 3/19 episode and Brad's "Boston Bossa" will be in April 9th
- Brad's music in films
Posted Mar 23, 2007
A few films have taken in some of Brad's music. The Treatment has a cut with a Miles Davis vibe performed by Ken Cervenka on trumpet, limited release date May 4 2007, and another film currently in limited release, First Snow, has a nice collaboration with vocalist Alex Macdougal.
- A bit of "Borad" in BORAT DVD
Posted Feb 22, 2007
I've written a replacement cue of a gospel song featured in a scene. Alex MacDougall sings lead vocal. DVD comes out March 6th.
- Brads music on NCIS
Posted Feb 13, 2007
I had some cocktail jazz on this episode, someone was enjoying refined dining!
- Brad's song in movie Puccini for Beginners
Posted Feb 9, 2007
Brad and Kris Adams have a song called What to Do?, sung by Donna Byrne in the Sundance Film Puccini for Beginners. It is placed at the beginning of the film over a nice montage of New York City. It opened at selected theatres in NY, LA and Boston.
- Recording, Recording, Recording
Posted Feb 5, 2007
Rebecca Parris' new CD is out featuring guest artists Gary Burton, Houston Person and Jerry Bergonzi. A new release on Arbors Records with Carol Sloane and Ken Peplowski called Dearest Duke is out. Link to YouTube collection of songs
- Brad and Cassandre at the Monterey Jazz Festival
Posted Sep 19, 2006
From Sept 15-17 2006 Brad and Cassandre performed in the Bose Pavillion at the Monterey Jazz Festival. Clint Eastwood stopped by to hear a little rendition of Mystic River and some material from Cass' new CD.
- Brad to be Music Director for Doug Flutie Award Nov. 13th 2006
Posted Sep 19, 2006
Brad will perform and conduct orchestral accompaniment with the band Boston featuring Brad Delp for the Doug Flutie Red, White and Blue Award. Link to video on YouTubeThe event will be held at Symphony Hall. This is a fundraiser for the Doug Flutie Jr Foundation
- Brads Holiday music featured on Passions
Posted Sep 17, 2006
For episodes airing 12/15-18-19 and 22 on NBC TV, Daytime (2pm EST)
- Brad and group to appear at Symphony Hall New Years Eve
Posted Sep 16, 2006
Brad will perform with his own jazz quintet featuring Gaye Tolan Hatfield on vocals at 8:30 pm, then with the Boston Pops featuring the New York Voices, and perform after concert music with the small group once again featuring Gaye.
- Brads music on FX TV Rescue Me starring Denis Leary
Posted Aug 20, 2006
I've got 2 swing tunes that will be featured at the end of the episode, put on your dancing shoes. Link to Video There are a couple "R Rated" moments....
- Brad on Conan O'Brien
Posted Aug 3, 2006
NBC TV August 10th,12:35AM Brad performed with a small contingent of Boston Pops players accompanying rock band Guster. Link to Video
- Brad with the Pops
Posted Jul 2, 2006
Brad will appear with the Boston Pops for the July 3rd and 4th concerts in the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade in Boston, MA. The featured artists are Ayla Brown, Rockapella, and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. Look for Brad in the back of the orchestra near the harpist!
- Brad's tune Lazy Afternoon in The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn
Posted Jun 6, 2006
One of Brad's tunes, Lazy Afternoon, is in the new hit movie The Break Up starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. The movie was the highest grossing movie for the first weekend in June.
Inside Scoop: The scene occurs about an hour into the picture when Brooke (Jennifer Aniston) is going out on a "revenge" date with a less than compelling gentleman. They are in a classy restaurant with the backdrop of Chicago out the windows. My song Lazy Afternoon (listed as Fred and Ginger Reprise on my Solo Piano CD) plays throughout the scene. The song was a late addition to the movie and is not listed in the screen credits (darn!), but I will get paid!
- Brad on the David Letterman Show
Posted May 30, 2006
Brad will be appearing June 8, 2006 on the David Letterman Show with a small group of Boston Pops players accompanying the rock group My Morning Jacket. The show will be taped that afternoon, so it should air that night. Brad's role is going to be "orchestra enhancement...man behind the curtain," so you may not see too much of him.
- Brad on tour with the Boston Pops this summer
Posted May 6, 2006
Brad will be on tour with The Boston Pops this summer. Check the schedule to see locations and times.
- Brad wins an Emmy !
Posted Apr 23, 2006
Brad Hatfield and co-writer Michael Kisur have won an Emmy for Outstanding Original Song. Their song, Sunshine, was written for The Young and the Restless.
- Brad's music on The Sopranos
Posted Apr 12, 2006
An episode of the Soprano's will have some Brad Hatfield moments in it. Stay tuned for more info!
- Brad's music on The Young and the Restless
Posted Feb 8, 2006
The Young and the Restless have featured on several occasions, a tune called Sunshine written by myself and Michael Kisur. It just received a nomination for an Emmy for Outstanding Original Song. Keep your fingers crossed!
- Brad's music on The Young and the Restless on Valentines Day
Posted Feb 7, 2006
The Young and the Restless featured a new tune on Valentines Day '06 that was a collaboration with Chicagoan Jeff Meegan, called Dancing with You.